Advent Series Small Group Questions
December 5, 2021
“God’s Plan: When and What?”
1. Have a volunteer(s) read the passages: Isaiah 7:14; Gal.4:4; Ephesians 1:4-5; Titus 1:2; 1 Peter 1:20
2. What do you learn about God’s plan in these passages?
3. Read Matthew 1:18-23. What does the angel tell Joseph? How does this fulfill Isaiah 7:14?
4. Why is it important that Jesus was born of a virgin? How is that important for you today?
5. When you think about God planning for your salvation before creation, what does that mean for you?
6. How have you experienced God keeping His promises in your life?
7. When has it been hard for you to believe that you can trust God? Have you seen Him come through even when it is hard for you to believe?
8. End with saying the Apostles Creed together:
I believe in God the Father Almighty, the Maker of heaven and earth, And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord.
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; The third day he rose again from the dead.
He ascended to heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. From there he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic* church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
*that is, the true Christian church of all times and all places